We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and adhere to the standards of the Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice.
Your personal information – what is it?
Personal information relates to a living individual who can be identified from that information. This includes things such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
Who are we?
The data controller of any personal information you provide is Hagar International (UK), a registered charity (Charity Number 1143852) whose office is 46 Charlbury Road, Oxford OX2 6UX.
How we process your personal information?
We comply with the obligations under data protection laws by:
- Keeping personal information up to date.
- Storing and destroying it securely.
- Not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of personal information.
- Protecting personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable us to meet our legal and statutory obligations.
- To provide news and information related to events, activities and projects linked to Hagar International.
- To ask for and collect donations.
- To fundraise and promote the interests of Hagar International.
- To contact you via our social media sites.
- To recruit, support and manage our employees and volunteers.
- To maintain our financial accounts and records including the processing of Gift Aid.
Where do we collect personal data?
We only ever collect information we need to do our work, including data that helps us to improve what we do and how we do it. The places we collect this data are:
- Information given directly to us through specific activities, for example when you complete a printed form, telephone us or complete an online form on our website.
- Information given to us indirectly, for example when you give to third party websites such as JustGiving.
- Information we collect from your use of our website. This information is collect using cookies. You can find our Cookies Policy here.
We make every effort to avoid collecting data from people under 18 years of age.
What is legal basis for processing your personal information?
There are six legal bases for processing data under GDPR. We process on the following basis:
- Legitimate Interest as the basis for a variety of purposes including sending information, invitations and thank you for donations.
- Consent as the basis to contact you by email or phone. We cannot contact you in these ways without your permission and a clear way to opt out is available in all such communications.
- Legal obligation as the basis for processing any legally required activity such as Gift Aid returns to HMRC.
Sharing your personal information
Hagar International UK will not sell or share any information about you to another organisation.
Hagar International UK may disclose your personal information only in the following circumstances:
- To third parties who provide a service to us and are our data processors.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Hagar International (UK) will hold the information on our system for as long as it is needed to fulfil the function for which we hold the data, or for as long as is required by law for the relevant activity.
Your rights and your personal information
Unless subject to an exemption under data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which Hagar International (UK) holds about you.
- The right to request that Hagar International (UK) corrects any personal information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal information is erased where it is no longer necessary for Hagar International (UK) to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing of personal information which is based on your consent.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal information, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to your personal information being processed on the grounds of Hagar International (UK)’s legitimate interests.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Contacting us regarding your personal data
To contact us to make any changes contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at
Hagar International (UK)
46 Charlbury Road